9:20am EST - The devblog and update hit a bit early today. Our servers have updated (and main has wiped). Not going to do the update stream given it's a small update that's already live.
12:30am EST - Our favorite time of the week is here: Update day! Like the past couple weeks, much of the focus is on large functionality that is not yet ready to launch - the leveling system, dungeon art, new player models, etc. Given this, there aren't a ton of new forward facing things going in today.
The forced wipe is scheduled for next week, so any wipes today will be at each server owner's discretion. As usual, follow @Rustafied for news throughout the day. Let’s get into it...
A new way to practice your aim is here: Reactive targets. Made of wood and metal, they fall down when a certain amount of damage is inflicted upon them and can be reset multiple times. Here are some details and pictures:
- Target falls once 100hp of damage is dealt (like a player)
- Damage amounts mirror hits to the body (bullseye = headshot, everywhere else = torso)
- Health: 250hp total, each hit does 1hp damage (can be repaired)
- Raised and lowered with the E button (and picked up like a door by holding E)
- There is a different sound and more sparks when you hit the bullseye
Andre has changed it so typing ‘kill’ in console results in an instant death as opposed to entering the wounded state.
Faster server starts
In response to server restarts taking longer and longer, Andre has removed the stability warmup queue when a server starts. Logic being: it is stored in all save file already. This should shave a bit off of server restarts, which is very welcomed given how long it can take (especially with a lot of entities).
Player model progress
Taylor and Garry have been working on the player models this week. Along with some much needed work on how clothing fits the upcoming female model, an asian head variation has been added and several other things have been done in the background.
Don’t expect to see any tits or Asians running around this week though, all the work is being done on a separate branch and will not likely be included in this update. Look for more info and visuals on the devblog.
- First iteration of the leveling system on prerelease branch (read more here)
- Fixed cargo plane's propellers not fading into fog
- EAC updated
- Websocket rcon added
- Thompson skin icon fixed
- More progress on dungeon artwork (not live this week though)
- Work on animations for flame thrower (also not live this week)
- More hapis unsucking (expect next week)