They’re back! After a few months of absence, the landscape of Rust island is a more diverse this week. Found in the water surrounding the snow regions these frigid platforms remain buildable as well. It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of builds Rust players will envision.
Nodes have been overhauled as well, after looking relatively the same for a couple of years the new nodes feel natural and add a nice visual change to the landscape.
Rock formations around the map have changed to a sharper and more detailed look. When viewed with the new nodes the Rust landscape looks a lot more natural and exciting.
The launch site has seen a number of visual improvements including new or improved textures, furniture in the offices, and office equipment. There seems to be a story behind this place, and the abandoned equipment conveys a very eerie vibe throughout.
- Improved ore hotspot placement significantly
- Made player always have his gun at the ready pose when crouched / crouch walking ( 3rd person )
- Windows 32-bit is no longer supported
- Steam achievements are coming, a few basic ones are in game now
- Steam stats coming soon
- Fixed hotspot bonus sound not appearing where hotspot was destroyed
- Lowered ore hotspot HDR component
- Gathering destroy fraction is also multiplied by the ore minigame (fixes yields too high with lesser tools)