4:42pm EST - Client update just hit!
3:36pm EST - The devblog is live!
3:08pm EST - Server update is out. Client and devblog still pending...
2:00pm EST - Our update stream is live! twitch.tv/rustafied
Update summary video
Here is this weeks update summary video from Puddy.
Garry has posted a new roadmap on the Rust website. There is a ton of information here to absorb, and expect more on this in the devblog today.
The weapon flashlight is getting a significant buff this week with an added flare that can momentarily blind or disorient other players. In our testing this can change some PVP encounters in a serious way.
Edit: The same effects have been added to the Attack Helicopter spotlight
Learned recoil tweaks
Helk has changed the recoil on the LR-300 and the MP5A4 a bit more this week. The LR pattern is a bit more vertical before horizontal, but overall the changes have not really been noticiable in our testing.
Stone Pickaxe cost reduced
Getting started in Rust will be a bit easier as the Stone Pickaxe is now cheaper to craft.
Snow biome revamp
Damian has changed the look of the snow quite a bit this week with some improved textures and details in biome and snowy peaks throughout the map.
- Small trout provides 8 animal fat upon gutting
- Reduced bone armor cost to 1 rope instead of 2
- Halved leather cost of hide armor
- Made snow mound edges even
- Burnt Human meat now uses the correct icon instead of cooked bear meat icon
- More item description updates and fixes
- Ore break effect increased in size to account for new ore models
- Fixed a bunch of bugs with rounding errors in resource dispenser
- Crappier tools now yield less total ore when playing the minigame (as intended)
Rustafied Summer 2017 Poll
We're running a poll for everyone who participates with Rustafied so we can maximize and improve our services. Please take a moment to fill this out!