4/25 @ 4:00pm EST - The team is working on more code clean up, optimizations, and AI improvements this week. Expect a full write up for the Thursday update.
4/20 @ 3:00pm EST - The update and devblog are live!
4/20 @ 2:00pm EST - Our update stream is live! twitch.tv/rustafied
4/20 @ 1:24pm EST - Heavy armor has been nerfed. More info below.
4/20 @ 10:20am EST - Not a whole ton of other stuff has made it in as of now, so I'm just updating the post below instead of creating a whole new one. We'll still have an update stream starting at 2pm EST.
4/18 @ 1:15pm EST - After a large launch last week, the team is focused on tweaks and fixes. Let’s get into it...
Update summary video
Here's an update summary video from Puddy!
Heavy armor nerf
Helk has nerfed the heavy armor in 3 ways:
- Your view is now limited when wearing a helmet (see above)
- Putting any piece of the armor on reduces your speed to the max
- With chest piece equipped, you can't aim down sight
One of the biggest pain points for server hosts since the update last week has been Navmesh. Providing the pathfinding ability for the new AI, this system has a lot of overhead, especially on server start, where it’s been using 100% of the CPU to generate the initial mesh.
Thankfully, Garry has added two new cvars which may help lighten the load.
- nav_wait - Will start the server before generating the mesh, but may cause some lag in the first couple minutes of the server being up (default true)
- nav_disable - Totally disables navmesh. Will cause animals not to move. (default false)
Player boosting kicks
After some shifts to the ingame antihack system last week, players have been getting kicked for violations while boosting on other players' heads. This has been fixed, so player boosting should no longer result in a kick.
Minh is continuing his work on viewmodel animation fixes. After tweaking a ton of them last week, there are only a few more to go before he moves on to animal animations.
Limited server's ability to call convars on clients
Some servers have been using trickery to bind certain keys for players in the hopes of getting them to do unintentional things like direct connecting to a different server. In an effort to put a stop to this, Garry has limited a server’s ability to set certain convars on clients.
Shooting through/under stone doorway
There has been an issue with being able to shoot through a small slat under a stone doorway in certain situations (mainly during raids). This has been resolved.
- New skins added
- Fixed stuttery player movement in the distance (hopefully)
- Fixed various issues with dungeons
- Fixed issue with players being culled when looking over a low wall
- Fixed being able to drop items between icons
- Chain link and prison gates can now be picked up
- Can no longer place large furnace on top of sleeping bags
EU Medium II launching!
Due to popular demand, we're launching a new server: EU Medium II. It goes live at 5pm BST on 4/20. Look for it on the official list.
Community build contest: Ending soon!
Our community build contest for the month of April is ending soon! Get your submissions in if you're interested in winning some VIP and steam gift cards!