4:10pm EST - The update and devblog are live!
2:00pm EST - Our update stream is live! twitch.tv/rustafied
2:50am EST - Update day is upon us and we’re seeing some big balance shifts, changes to furnaces, and binoculars!
Update summary video
Here's our update summary video from Puddy.
Seeing far off in the distance no longer requires a gun with a scope; binoculars are in. This new tool allows you to toggle between 3 zoom levels, offering magnified views greater than even then 4x scope! They do cost a gear (and high quality) but you can find them in purple loot boxes around the map (and even recycle them for a chance of a gear).
5 high quality
Furnace and campfire auto stop
No more bags upon bags piling up amongst ever burning furnaces and campfires - they now stop altogether once a single item is ejected. It may be inconvenient, but is aimed at improved server performance. All those burlap sacks piling up and combining outside of every burning furnace across the server adds up.
There were some more drastic changes proposed to furnaces - which we may still see in the future - but for now, furnaces and campfires just stop the moment something ejects.
Crossbow: No gear required
The crossbow may be seeing a resurgence as it no longer requires a gear. With any give, there comes a take, so it does now cost more wood, rope, and frags.
Netting cost reduced
Providing a bit of cost balance to the newly added netting, Helk has reduced the price. It not only now costs 1 less rope, it requires wood instead of metal fragments.
Other cost reductions
The cost of several other items has also been reduced.
- C4 requires 2 tech trash (instead of 3)
- Holosight requires 1 tech trash (instead of 2)
- Silencer requires 5 high quality metal (instead of 8)
- Eoka cost reduced (now 75 wood and 30 frags)
More pick ups
In addition to the new requirement of tool cupboard access and hammer for picking up all objects, Helk has added the ability to pick up a several deployables. Here’s a list of what you can now pick up:
- Auto and flame turret
- Tuna lights
- Ceiling lights
Stuck decals on spinner actually spin
Iterating on the spinner added last week, Helk made it so stuck items will actually spin. Arrows, spears, machetes, etc. thrown at the spinner will also move around. Although it may be a small change, it does open up more possibilities for this new spinning wheel.
- Skins are no longer marketable while they're in the item store
- Client optimization in the form of entity pooling
- Candle and miner hat show fuel inventory
- Muzzlebrake has higher durability and further reduces recoil
- There's an awesome looking new simple handmade sight which is on the item list, however, it needs more work on geomitry so it won't make it in this week.