9/4 @ 4:20pm EST - A client / server update just came out with a bunch of hotfixes:
- Fixed players almost always being naked
- Fixed weapon attachments sometimes not showing as attached
- Fixed headlook (alt) giving weird viewmodel angles
- Savas: Healing stations in all corners
- Savas: Fixed missing barrels
- Fixed arrow damage being lower than intended
- Added LOD settings to large furnace particles
- Increased moonlight
- Added effect warming to weapon effects (less stutter)
- Re-added shader warming (less stutter)
- Fixed steam inventory icons creating freeze while loading
- Fixed NetworkDestroy NRE
- Warmup is done in a coroutine to avoid long pause before joining server
- Fixed smoke particles immediately disappearing when furnace turned off
- Fixed standalone hangar reverb zone being a solid collider
6:00pm EST - The update and devblog are out! Our new Savas Island server is also up!
2:30pm EST - Our live update stream starts in half an hour! twitch.tv/rustafied
1:30pm EST - Our dev branch server updated and wiped a little while ago. If you'd like to try out the new update before it officially goes live, opt your client into the dev branch.
11:44am EST - It's that point again, time for an update. With the first item mod, a new map, and some key fixes, we've got a good one this week. This update will force a map wipe game wide (no sign of forced blueprint wipe though).
Here's a video summary of the update from our media team!
Garry’s main focus this week has been laying the groundwork for item modifications. As of now, many weapons have been set up to allow modifications and the first mod has been added: the silencer. Here are some details and pictures:
- The silencer is a non-default blueprint
- It costs 30 high quality metal and takes 180 seconds to craft
- It can be added and removed from weapons on the fly (this might change)
- It significantly reduces the sound of gunfire and eliminates muzzle flash
- Add to a gun by clicking the weapon and dragging the silencer into the modifications slot
Now that the first iteration of the item mod functionality is in, I expect to see more mods show up over the next few weeks.
A new map is on its way, Petur has finished the first version of Savas Island. This small (1k worldsize), symmetrical map doesn’t allow building (including no placing sleeping bags) and will be used for various hardcore gameplay types (deathmatch, king of the hill, etc.). If you’re eager to try this out, look for the new Rustafied.com - Savas server on the official list after the update.
Update: Given you can't place campfires down to cook food, Petur added a food town in the middle of the map (see updated map below).
Server owner note: To load Savas on your server, add the following command to your startup file: +server.level "SavasIsland_koth"
Speaking of maps, the next iteration of procedural map generation goes live with this update (hence the forced wipe). Not as dramatic a change as some previous procgen versions, 10.1 includes some subtle tweaks to terrain topology, rock sizes, and biome shapes.
Bolt action fix
In a huge positive change, Helk has tweaked how the bolt action works. The rifle no longer automatically cycles after you shoot, allowing you to stay zoomed in and actually see where your shot lands. When you let go of right click, it’ll then load another round.
A new way to set a spawn point is in; beds have been added. This dingy looking cot is a non-default blueprint, can only be placed in a building (on a foundation or floor), and allows you to spawn in it every 120 seconds. Here are some pictures and details:
- Cost: 60 cloth, 100 metal frags
- Non-default blueprint
- 2 minutes to craft
Alex has tweaked a bunch of sounds this week. Most notably, the beeps for the code lock no longer make your ears bleed. He’s also done a first pass on the rocket launcher sounds, added gibbing for pumpkins and loot barrels, and added reverb effects to static structures.
Andre has changed some things with the twig building teir. They now have a bit more health (10 hp) and can be penetrated by bullets. Along with this, he’s also made it so rifle bullets and shotgun slugs can penetrate wood barricades.
Newmans in the cold will now be able to see each others breath.
- Barrel spawns should be working again on hapis
- Andre made progress on batching colliders (to get around the limit), however, it won’t be ready to go till next week
- Minh added a bunch of new animations
- Slightly better first person view for spectate
- New screenshot keys:
- F4 - Saves one screen with hud, one without
- F9 - Big screenshot (5x normal size but water and ssao does not render)
- Keypad plus and minus changes quality level, multiply toggles hud
- Fixed bug for dropping blueprint on item combining the two
- Improved water effects