3:02pm EST - It’s a fresh week in Rust development and we’re seeing some big changes to the menu system, improvements to hit detection, and a whole new map in the works! Let’s get into it...
Garry has been working on revamping the main menu system. A work in progress version was merged into main a couple hours ago, giving us a preview of some of the changes. Here are some points of interest and several screens:
- Home screen has been completely reworked. Now with player statistics, recent servers, friends list, and featured news section.
- A new inventory tab has been added (not very functional at the moment).
- The server list has been reworked a bit, utilizing space a bit better.
- A server details window pops up when you click on a server (instead of the details showing up on the right column of the list).
- A server.description has been added (likely to be shown on the details window).
Andre is working on a new branch called hitdetection2. Kind enough to provide me a little insight, he shared with me that this branch aims at improving hit detection accuracy and performance. He also told me this is laying the groundwork for bullet penetration (ie bullet -> hand -> body). Awesome!
Petur, still working on his big ole’ fix bag, has added a new island named Koth. No specific details from him on this yet, however, my hunch is this may be the new compact specialty level he mentioned to me last week. More details on this as I have them.
Mihn is rocking out some new animations. He's added a new wounded animation, tweaked the 3rd person bear trap animation, and fixed the thompson / ak 3rd person attacks so they line up better with where the person is actually aiming.