2:15am EST - One of the first forms of base decoration has been deployed: Signs. Newmans across the land will soon be able to broadcast their sentiment (in roughly 5 words or less). Officially on the dev branch, signs are slated to go live for all this Thursday. Here are some specifics...
General notes on signs:
- Signs must be placed on building blocks such as walls or foundations (deploy to socket ringing a bell?)
- Small sign is the only one craftable by default, you’re going to need to find blueprints for the rest.
- All signs take 60 seconds to craft (at the moment).
- The only resource required is wood (progressively more, the larger the sign).
- Signs can be destroyed in ~14 hatchet hits.
The four flavors of signs:
1m x .5m
2m x 1m
3m x 1.5m
6m x 3m
Edit a sign
Once a sign is placed, simply hold 'E' and you can set the sign text (just like naming a sleeping bag).
Lock a sign
Anyone can lock signs from being edited. This includes you and is independent of cupboards.
New placement colors
The building block placement guides have gotten a facelift.
Development branch users beware: guide placement is currently a bit fucked. You need to swap to a different hotbar item before any building part changes take effect (I.E. foundations to walls).
Pie menu rearranged
The order of the building pie menu has also changed:
There’s a bunch of other stuff happening in development. Check back here later today for an update on that shit.
Question? Comments? Join the conversation at Rustaforum.com