2:30pm EST - It's been a great year for Rustafied and as we approach 2016, I wanted to do a quick post to thank you and acknowledge some accomplishments. Before we get into that, a brief note on our servers…
Rustafied servers have wiped
A small update was released earlier today which fixed a security and duping exploit. Given the exploit fix and that most of our servers were scheduled to wipe tomorrow, compounded by the large entity counts causing high memory usage, I decided to wipe all of our servers today. Expect a shorter than average cycle given a forced wipe is expected to come with the update next week.
We’ve grown a ton this year and none of it would’ve been possible without the support of others. A huge thank you goes out to the Rustafied staff, the team at Facepunch, our patrons and people who donated, the server owner community, Charitable Rust participants, readers of this site, and players in our servers. It’s been a blast working with you all and I’m excited to see what we create together in the coming year.
This was Rustafied’s first full year in operation and we’ve experienced some huge growth. Here are some highlights:
- Average monthly site visits went from 100k to 400k
- From 1 server with 80 slots to 5 servers with almost 700 slots
- We were the first community ever added to the official server list
- Over 100k views on Twitch (and over 4k followers)
- Almost 500k views on Youtube (and over 3k followers)
- Server owner community created, now with over 200 members
- Admin team grew from just me to 15 people
Here are couple things you can look forward to in 2016:
- New community platform
- New website design
- Updated guides leveraging the latest community content
- Rust media aggregator
- A new way to matchmake and find people to play with
I wish you all a safe and happy new year, see you in 2016!