1:25pm EST - Some updates just came out on dev, we're now up and rad towns are live on our dev server! Working on a full write up to be posted later tonight. Follow us on twitter to see when!
11:50am EST - The radtown branch was merged into main a couple hours ago! Unfortunately, the client build has not passed yet so we can't get in to play at the moment. I'm watching Jenkins to see when we can get in there!
2:25am EST - A couple hours ago, the development branch went live with 3 new items: The AK-47, Bear Traps, and the Vagabond Jacket. They stand to bring some stark change to gameplay (especially bear traps). You won't see them in game till the next client / sever update, but here's a run-down of what to expect...
Long have bear traps teased us, being listed in the crafting menu, even taking our 100 frags if we dare to craft, but never working. All that is soon to be in the past, bear traps are in and they are fucking dangerous. Here’s the low down:
- Can be triggered 8 times then disappears
- Causes 70 damage (and critical bleeding)
- Need cupboard access to place (and to arm)
- Blends into the grass alarmingly well
- You can shoot to disarm one
- A disarmed trap can be destroyed by hitting it
- It only works on humans currently (no animals)
- 100 metal fragments
AK-47 (Assault rifle)
We've seen the concept art, now we see it in action. The AK-47 (labeled assault rifle) is in game and it is glorious. With great looking textures and animations, this puppy is not only the best looking but the most deadly gun in the game (see video). Here's some info:
- Uses rifle ammo
- Sounds freaking amazing
- Feels very solid and accurate
- Recoil is surprisingly little
- As with other guns, no reload
- Thompson, who?
- 500 metal fragments
- 200 wood
This little vagabond came out of left field, I don't think anyone saw it coming. With its bare open chest, it looks pretty dashing on any Newman. Here some info:
- It is pretty damn expensive (3 burlap shirts, wha?)
- Doesn’t provide much protection
- Open front for displaying your brawny man-chest
- Can not be worn with a metal chest plate
- Not worth the cost as of yet
- 100 cloth
- 50 frags
- 3 burlap shirts (90 cloth total)
Feel free to comment on our forum.