2:42pm EST - The client update just hit! No update stream today, let's just get to playing!
2:38pm EST - The devblog is out!
2:24pm EST - Server update is already out, looks like an early one today!
11:15am EST - Update day is here. Although it isn’t a huge week for new content, we are seeing a ton of bug / exploit fixes along with some interesting changes to decay. This update will not force a wipe, however, some servers may choose to wipe anyway (see Rustafied server wipe info at the bottom of this post).
Decay added to deployables
Decay has been added to sleeping bags, tool cupboards, barricades, and traps. Here are some important details:
- Decay timers for items placed on foundations / floors are tied to the decay of the overall building it is attached to (meaning a cupboard on a foundation will reset when an attached door is used).
- The sleeping bag decay timer does not reset when you spawn in it, making any bags placed on open land purely temporary spawn points now.
- A cupboard will decay in 3 days time at the moment. This is about the same speed as stone and faster than metal / armor. The idea being that a cupboard decays before the surrounding base does.
Andre has added a new command for tracking players statistics. Typing ‘stats’ in your server console will now print a list of connected players, their kills, deaths, and damage stats for other players, buildings and entities (split up by direct line of sight and indirect line of sight). You can also type ‘stats STEAMID’ for a player who is not connected.
The immediate goal of these stats is to investigate some potential antihack measures. They currently only last for one server uptime, however, Andre told me they may start saving them for a full wipe period or longer if they turn out to be useful.
There have been a couple tweaks to farming this week. Most notably, you can now harvest hemp plants while they are small (for less cloth). Also, the time to harvest plants before they die has increased, giving you a bit more leeway to grab your crops before they disappear.
XP system progress
Helk has been heads down on the prerelease branch all week. His primary focus has been merging in all the changes from the main branch made in the past month. Successfully completing this, he now has a solid foundation to keep building the new XP system out. When will that new system launch? The date is still up in the air.
To combat hackers, a slew of new antihack features were added last week. Unfortunately, these new countermeasures have been resulting in some false positives - causing legit players to get kicked for violations. Andre has made some tweaks to this system, so hopefully we’ll be seeing less uncalled for kicks once this update hits.
- Aim mode added to throwing - hold down right click then release to throw.
- Fix for jerky player animation when holding a rock and idle
- Fixed a bunch of graphical glitches when reverse depth is enabled (graphics.revz 1)
- tweaked the 3rd person pickaxe animations so it doesnt clip into the player
- Tool cupboards can now be repaired.
- Added ‘decay.tick’ as a startup parameter to set
- Fixed estimated player velocity being extremely inaccurate during server lag
- Fixed "invisible water purifier" issue
- Fixed a case where the water purifier bucket could not be interacted with
Rustafied wipe info
We are at the halfway point for the month which means all Rustafied servers (with the exception of low pop) will be wiping when the update hits. There will be no blueprint wipes on any of our servers today.
In preparation for the update and wipes, I have replenished the stock for VIP slots. Grab it while you can if you'd like to skip the queues.