1:20pm EST - Today marks the beginning of an exciting week in Rust development. Given the new update release schedule, we’ve got two weeks worth of additions, improvements, and tweaks going live on Thursday. The team is off to a great start, so let's get into it...
High gate boilerplate
Garry has added the first version of the high gate. Attaching to high exterior walls, this gate gives players an easier way to get in and out of their compounds. Given it’s a boilerplate model, it is still in need of some textures and tweaks. That said, the gate is functional and working great! Here are some pictures and details:
- It is a non-default blueprint
- Costs 500 wood and takes 5 seconds to craft
- You can place a code lock and key lock on it (the positioning still needs some work though)
- You cannot place ladders on it at all (this may change, however, it appears the top overhang will block getting over with a ladder anyway).
- The door takes a couple seconds to open (and has a nice animation in the process)
- It has 750 health and is pretty susceptible to melee tools (several points damage per pickaxe hit)
- It takes 2 C4 to knock down
- Given this is just a first iteration, all these stats are subject to change prior to the update.
Unity 5.2 changes
Andre has merged in the Unity 5.2 changes branch. Although these tweaks may not be hugely apparent, there are some nice subtle changes you'll notice as you play.
Scott has improved the torches viewmodel FX exactly 35.3859%. Here are two pictures to give you an idea:
Scott has also added some bubbles to the crude oil crater. Check them out: